Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Marinara Sauce

For Labor Day I got to spend the day at my Mom's house, using her kitchen to can the jelly from the last post and make and can this marinara sauce.

I do not like red sauce.  Ask anyone at Papa Murphy's Pizza.  I always go for the garlic sauce.  If it has red sauce, I put as little as I can on it.  When I made this the first time, I made it because I had some fresh tomatoes and needed to use them up.  Everything else I always have on hand so in it all went.

Amazing!!!  We ate it on pasta, pizza and used it for a dip.  So good.  I decided there and then that I would can it when I got my tomatoes from my garden this year.  I had to get a little help from my in-laws garden to, I had given away too many tomatoes.

Look at all I came home with.  I still have another batch of jelly I'm going to make and some birthday cake baking to do tonight.  Can't wait to have all this for the winter.

No comments: