Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rolo Bliss

I promise that I have not been MIA.  Just a very crazy August in my house.  I haven't been home much and when I have, I haven't felt like doing more than blog surfing and tv watching.  But, school has started again and I have a lot more time on my hands with 3 of the 4 kids at school so I am in the mood to craft.  Or bake.  Baking is more like it. 

My sister-in-law made these amazing cookies for our family dinner this last week and I just had to get the recipe and make them.  I had everything in my house to make them.  Really rare for me to have rolo's in my house but I had wanted them camping.  I put one in a caramel flavored marshmellow and roasted the whole thing and then made it a smore.  Sooooo  Goooood!!!

Anyways.  On the the recipe.  You will need;

1 Devils Food cake mix.  (My sister-in-law says that it really makes a difference in having a devil's food to just a different chocolate one.  I didn't notice.  I just had a plain chocolate one.)
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
and...

That's it.  Mix together and put rolo in the middle of a small ball.  The smaller, the better.

Bake at 350* for 9 minutes.  Enjoy!

I made them with my kids for FHE and had so much fun having them help.  I used my little cookie scoop and then we flattened it out a bit to put the rolo in and then wrapped them up. 

I did spray my pans and I wish I had cooked them just a minute longer. 

I liked how hers were just slightly crunchy on the edges and soft and gooey in the middle. 
My baby trying to steal a warm cookie.  Do not blame her.

But man are they good!

No comments: