Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pumpkin Overload

My sister was here for the Thanksgiving weekend and we got a little carried away.  She needed to make this pumpkin cake.  It looked really good and was super easy.  1 and 3/4 boxes of spice cake mix, 1 and 3/4 cup pumpkin and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.  It wasn't that great.
Then we got looking at Pintrest.  Bad idea.  I'm totally hooked and have done so many things off of there already.  It's crazy!  But we found this recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie pies and we had extra pumpkin left from her cake so we had to try them.
I know this picture is blurry but I wanted you to look and drool.  They were so good!
We also found a recipe for a baked oatmeal on Pintrest and had more pumpkin left so we tried that too.

We had to have some cocoa with it.  What is breakfast without cocoa?

I love being able to use my fun pink stuff!
We ended up adding some brown sugar to the oatmeal and we think we need to modify it a bit more. (A lot more) but it was still yummy.

My favorite part... Sharing the weekend with my sister and having a blast!

No comments: