Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cream Puffs and Peppermint Tarts

Here is an easy recipe for cream puffs.  You can buy some at Costco or you can make these and amaze yourself it was so easy.

Cream Puffs:
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten

Boil the water, butter and salt.  When its at a full rolling boil, add the flour all at once.  Stir with a wooden spoon until it makes a ball.  (I'll take pictures of this next time I do it.)
Add the dough to the eggs that you have already slightly beaten.  Whisk until smooth.  You can do this by hand, I have done it that way but it is so much easier to put it in your mixer and let it do it for you.
Grease a mini muffin pan.  But small, rounded teaspoons of dough in.  Bake at 375* for 25 min.  As soon as they are done, poke a hole in them with a knife and cool on a cooling rake completely.
For the filling you can do a few things.  I usually make a double batch when I cook these so I use a big tub of Cool Whip and add a small box of French Vanilla pudding. 
You can also use a small tub of Cool Whip and add 1/2 cup powder sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  You can get creative here and do all kinds of things.  I've filled them with chocolate whip and even thought of putting chicken salad in them.  You can then drizzle them with chocolate frosting.  I have a chocolate glaze recipe from my mother-in-law that I use.  They are good just how they are too. 

Here are the peppermint tarts.  Also really yummy. :0)

They are gone so fast!  Love these at the holidays or any day really.

No comments: